Holiday Cleaning Tips
Getting your house ready for the holidays can be tough, but with the right strategy, you’ll get your home clean and ready in no time.
Before you start scrubbing and sweeping away every dirty spot in your home, having a good cleaning strategy will help keep you calm and cool. Plan your holiday cleaning with these strategies in mind:
- Identify Cleaning Needs. Will you be a host or a guest during the holidays? Hosting holiday parties will take the most time to clean, but you should consider holiday cleaning even if you’re traveling. No one wants to return home to a mess, so prep your home for a comfortable return.
- Clean When You Can. Don’t wait for the perfect time to clean, just clean! Schedule holiday-specific chores into your regular cleaning schedule so you don’t feel overwhelmed on a single day. If you have time, give yourself at least a week before a party to clean. Don’t waste your effort by cleaning too early!
- Get a Visitor’s View. Walk through your home like a guest. Give high traffic areas the most attention!
- Clean in Sections. Divide a room into sections for the most effective cleaning strategy. Try cleaning each room in a clockwise/counterclockwise, top to bottom motion and never miss a spot!
- Remember the Real Reason. While we may fuss and stress over getting the house in immaculate shape or getting the most picture-perfect atmosphere, remember that these things pale in comparison to spending time with your loved ones. If everyone’s having a great time, a little clutter won’t take away from the great memories being made!
Declutter the area, dust and deep clean. Make extra space in closets if that’s where guests’ coats will go, if not, make sure the “coat room” in your home is extra clean since this area will be seen by guests.
A clean kitchen is essential to any holiday gathering. Before cleaning the counters, floors and appliances, be sure to clean out your fridge to make room for all the holiday goodies and start your party with a clean sink and empty dishwasher.
Dust and clean mirrors, countertops, sinks and toilets. Change hand towels. Make sure there’s enough toilet paper around so guests won’t have to dig around looking for some.
Family Room/Dining Room.
Declutter, dust and clean the areas where your guests will be. Deep clean your floors with the appropriate cleaners. If you have extra time, clean walls, baseboards and windows.
Get your home ready for the holidays the smart, safe way with Bona. From mops, floor cleaners and more, Bona has what you need for a clean and happy holiday season. Get the right tools to tackle all of your cleaning jobs.
News, Promos & New Products
Trust Bona for the Best Floor Products of 2019
Clean like the pros and use Bona for the best floor products of 2019!
General Hardwood Floor Info
Free Your Floors With Bona Floor Care
Free your home from harsh chemicals and additives when you clean your floors with Bona Free & Simple, and partner with us to make the Earth a greener place.
Hardwood Floor How-To's
Make Your Home Inspire You
Learn about five quick and simple decorating ideas to give your home a makeover for a spring refresh. These tips make a big impact and won’t break the bank!